Fri, Mar 05|
Ending the Global Gag Rule and Promoting the Black Maternal Health Omnibus
Time & Location
Mar 05, 2021, 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM EST
About the Event
On the sidelines of International Women's Day and the United Nations' Commission on the Status of Women, the United Nations Association Southern New York State Division (UNA-SNY) is hosting an event focused on global and domestic (U.S.) reproductive health issues, including the Black Maternal Health Momnibus Act of 2021, and impacts of the repeal of the U.S. 'global gag rule' and restoration of funding to UNFPA. Forum co-sponsors include the UNA Bronx Chapter, UNA Northern New Jersey Chapter, and UNA-SNY Young Professionals.
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (NY) video message
- Dr. Kecia Gaither, Director of Perinatal Services/Director of Maternal-Fetal Medicine for NYC Health+ Hospitals/Lincoln in the Bronx
- Ann Erb Leoncarvello, Head of the Advocacy Communications Unit of the Humanitarian Office of the UN Population Fund (UNFPA)
- Chloë Cooney, Senior Director, Strategy and Programs, Planned Parenthood Global, Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA)
- Former NY State Senator Ruth Hassell-Thompson
The session will be moderated by Dr. Corinne Whitaker, International Health, Development, and Gender Consultant, and UNA-SNYS Division Board Member.